8.11.2009

Pride and Prejudice and Zombies

I have finished the novel Pride and Prejudice and Zombies by Jane Austen and Seth Grahame-Smith! Few books have ever made me laugh out loud, but this one did on multiple occasions because of the random placement of events involving zombies, ninjas, warrior women in dresses wielding various weapons, and all the blood and gore that should accompany said subjects. It was a delightful read and I recommend it to anyone who is looking for something to pass the time and be thoroughly entertained. I was able to enjoy it because it was given to me as a gift. Thank you, Sexy! You know who you are. Below are some lines from the novel:
  • "It is a truth universally acknowledged that a zombie in possession of brains must be in want of more brains."

  • "Two adult unmentionables-both of them male-busied themselves feasting upon the flesh of the household staff."

  • " 'My dear girl' said her ladyship, 'I suggest you take this contest seriously. My ninjas will show you no mercy.' "

  • "The smoke from Darcy's musket hung in the air around him, wafting heavenward through his thick mane of chestnut hair."

Now the question is what do I read next? Any suggestions?

No comments:

Post a Comment