8.09.2009

High Tide

There's no greater joy than having to get up at the ass crack of dawn to head to work! Okay technically I was there before the ass crack of dawn, so I got to enjoy the whole ass crack in all its glory! I will say it was beautiful. Being at work that early has its advantages. For one, I'm pretty much still asleep, so time moves as if that were true. That is until I have my coffee to wake me up and then the clock seems to rewind. Another advantage is any customers that come in that early are asleep like me and don't have the energy to be assholes like those that come later in the day. You really get to know people when you work at any type of retail job and what dumbshits they can be. Speaking of dumbshits, let me tell you about the dumbshit of the day!

Work was going well for the first several hours because it wasn't busy so I was able to get a few things done. As soon as my coworker arrived, however, that's when chaos started to ensue. I went into the office to do my assistant manager duties but wasn't able to finish them because of some missing vital information, which hopefully will be found tomorrow. So when I got as much done as I could I went back out to the registers to help customers. Now I'd been drinking lots of water after my coffee so let's just say my bladder was ready to explode inside me!

As soon as I had the chance I ran to the restroom to relieve my poor bladder, but no! I couldn't do so and why? Because some dumbshit let the toilet overflow! Why he let the toilet overflow when there was a plunger in plain sight next to said toilet I will never be able to comprehend! So water was everywhere and thank God it didn't smell, otherwise there might have been a little of my Honey Nut Cheerios breakfast to go with the water I had to mop up. Yes, I mopped it up and it took forever! We didn't really have another method for doing so. It was a lot of water, so about 45 minutes to an hour later the floor was finally dry. I kind of felt like Cinderella in the scene where she's mopping and she starts singing and you see her in the bubbles...let's just say I didn't sing because I was too pissed off at the dumbshit that wasted an hour of my time and prevented me from doing my other duties at work. Alright enough about that.

Holy hell this post is long! But it's my first, so please forgive me. Will you?

No comments:

Post a Comment