10.22.2009

Common Courtesy Anyone?

I've noticed a trend lately, specifically when I'm driving, that many people don't notice common courtesy when they see it. The specific event I'm referring to is when another driver has failed to turn their headlights on and is driving in the dark begging to be broadsided.

I've probably passed 5 or 6 vehicles in the last month that haven't had their headlights on and like I was taught in Driver's Education, I flashed my brights at them as a signal to turn on their lights. Not one of them turned their lights on! In fact, almost every driver looked at me as if they were looking at a dumb ass! I'm not the dumb ass moron! I'm the one that's potentially saving your life and the life of the person/persons in the car that you'll hit because you don't have your fucking headlights on!

Anyway, if someone flashes their brights at you when you're passing them, check to see that your lights are on. Be a smart driver. Be safe and help others be safe. Just a thought.

1 comment:

  1. Yeah I think it's a Utah thing, most people forget what they learned in drivers ed.

    ReplyDelete